Test Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Software Engineering Programs' organization is seeking an ambitious and detail oriented individual who will have profound impact on the rapid delivery and quality of Apple's operating systems. The nature of the position requires you to possess excellent analytical and debugging skills, strong interpersonal skills, and drive to make a difference. You will need to quickly learn and utilize knowledge of various automation systems and Operating System features.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including operating systems, UNIX, Linux, iOS, and macOS
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and appropriate existing technologies
- Highly-motivated, creative, organized, and a strong problem solver
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
The UI Automation team builds the test and workflow tools to automate the OS release process. This team is involved in the test development and infrastructure for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Our team is one of the last teams to validate software before shipping. Because this process has to be as fast as possible, we do this through massive test automation. This team builds the test automation to verify the software.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Preferred experience includes: Experience in implementing modules/libraries for automation Strong understanding of software testing methodologies and test planning strategies Familiar with Continuous Integration and software build processes Flexibility to respond and react to a rapidly evolving software environment Experience in XCTest, UI Testing experience would be a bonus but not required Swift or Objective C development experience would be a bonus but not required