Display Performance Architect - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Are you a big-picture forward-thinking who understands how each element affects all the others? At Apple, our Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to design how all of our technologies work in unison. In this highly visible role, you will lead the Performance Modeling of SoC display subsystem.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of in chip architecture or performance modeling.
- SoC display subsystem architecture and micro-architecture knowledge
- Experience in performance modeling environment
- Knowledge and experience in common performance benchmarks and workloads
- Proficiency in software development in C/C++
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in document architecture specifications
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of SoC display subsystem performance: - Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as platform architecture, micro-architecture, - Software teams to set and document performance targets and details for important use cases - Analyze workloads to identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities - Perform performance simulations of alternative designs - Develop and implement C++ model and interface it to the agent models and software simulation platforms - Develop tests representing use cases to run on the performance models - Correlate performance of the RTL infrastructure with the C++ model - Documenting the architectural performance models
Education & Experience
BSEE/CE required § MSEE/CE preferred