Legal Counsel, Apple Pay & Wallet Transactions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for a transactional attorney to join Apple’s Legal Department to support Apple Pay and Wallet.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in negotiating and drafting complex commercial and end-user agreements relating to mobile wallets, digital cards and payments is preferred, not required.
- Strong foundation in intellectual property law and technology transactions
- Ability to learn quickly and support new areas of regulation and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross functional are critical
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with governmental entities preferred
- Experience being part of an international team preferred
We are looking for someone like you to advise the Apple Pay & Wallet management team on a wide range of issues related to offering and using various types of digital cards in mobile wallets, including credit, debit and prepaid cards. Must be able to dig into complex legal issues and take ownership of drafting and negotiating agreements. Responsibilities will include advising on (a) the legal aspects of Apple’s relationships with third parties participating in Apple Pay or Wallet, (b) the contract structure and commercial terms for Apple’s partners and customers, and (c) the expansion of Apple Pay and other services in Wallet. The candidate will need to both work well as part of a close-knit local team while also working with remote teams in the US, Europe and around the world.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.