AppleCare Mechanical Engineering Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? Are you passionate about applying your engineering skills in a real-world tech environment? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We offer a dynamic environment with creative, intelligent people and groundbreaking technologies. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is Apple’s premier Service and Support organization providing award-winning technical support and product service to our global customer base through its diverse global network of retail stores, contact centers, service providers, mobile carriers, and online support. The AppleCare organization is made up of diverse disciplines that all focus on delivering an extraordinary customer experience. As an AppleCare Mechanical Engineering Intern, you’ll have the critical responsibility of helping us meet the goals of Apple and the needs of our customers.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling including: crafting models, assemblies, and drawings
- Experience in performing basic tolerance analysis of mechanical assemblies
- Experience in designing and running multivariable experiments to develop and test efficacy of mechanical engineering process and design solutions
- Experience managing data in excel and using its graphing capabilities to track experiments and present results in detailed fashion
- Enthusiasm and willingness to get hands dirty in mechanical shop / lab / testing environment, machine shop experience a plus
- Preferred coursework completed: Solid Mechanics, Dynamics, Materials, Mechanical Systems Design, Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer
ON THIS TEAM, YOU'LL GET TO: - Work with engineering teams in the evaluation and development of repairability and serviceability of new Apple products - Be involved in the definition, architecture, design, development and validation of field repair tools, fixtures, parts and processes - Design and perform experiments in Apple’s world-class labs to validate efficacy of the tools, fixtures, parts and processes that you have helped design and develop - Be a key contributor to the system definition and concept phases - Manage roll-out of repair solutions to the field - Work with Apple suppliers to release parts for prototype and mass production, managing schedule and quality directly
Education & Experience
You are currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related degree with equivalent experience; returning to a degree-granting program after your internship.
- (NOT REQUIRED BUT A PLUS)
- - Robotics / mechatronics experience
- - Programming / logic of control systems for mechanisms
- - Coding experience