Corporate Security Officer - Loss Prevention
San Francisco, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have an interest in protecting Apple, our employees, and our customers? Apple’s Loss Prevention team is seeking exceptional, customer service oriented, self-motivated leaders to work as Corporate Security Officer (CSO) Specialists. CSO Specialists provide 24/7/365 security coverage and support to Apple’s employees, customers, and properties throughout the Santa Clara Valley. This role would be located in our retail Stores and acting as a physical deterrent to criminal activity. This may include patrolling the sales floor, standing post at key areas of the store, monitoring activity in high traffic areas and supporting leadership with sensitive situations or escalated incidents. While a security background is helpful, we will strongly consider individuals from any and all other professions. The ideal specialist will have an extraordinary work ethic, a willingness to hold others and to be held accountable, a desire to be part of a growing team, and the ability to connect with a diverse group of employees, customers, and visitors. This is a physical job that requires the ability to work in a number of different environments.
- Desire to be a great teammate demonstrating enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (nights, weekends, holidays) and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed
- Must possess (or be able to possess through training) and maintain BSIS PSO License
- Ability to work with a sense of purpose and exercise good judgment, even in stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Conduct patrols of the sales floor, in a randomized fashion, to promote safety and security, and act as a highly visible deterrent against criminal activity Support a customer centric environment with professionalism and courtesy towards all guests and customers Complete all required Daily Activity Reports (DAR) Accurately report all actions to the Loss Prevention Supervisor or Loss Prevention Manager, and account for irregular, or suspicious activity in a detailed Daily Activity Report Conduct interior/exterior door checks to ensure doors are secured and functioning properly and check for maintenance issues or hazards Aid leadership on the sales floor with escalated customer situations Monitor access to Retail Stores during all hours, including scheduled overnight maintenance during graveyard shifts Ability to work with a sense of purpose and exercise good judgment, even in stressful situations
Education & Experience
High School diploma (or GED) required. Some college or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Physical and Environmental Factors:
- Customer Service and Safety Specialists must be able to:
- Successfully complete required training, including CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) use
- Perform repetitive actions such as standing at a static post, getting in and out of a vehicle, using hand-held radio equipment and flashlight, writing/typing reports, and carrying safety equipment including cones, medical bags, etc.
- The Customer Service and Safety Specialist will be exposed to the following environments while performing their duties:
- Exposure to computer screens
- Temperature controlled environment while indoor
- Possibility of personal danger, including armed and/or dangerous people, fire and medical situations, and other hazards associated with natural and man-made disasters
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.