Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We’re looking for a Route Driver for the Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (SRM) department. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple! In this role, you will support Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services activities in Santa Clara Valley. You will follow departmental procedures for handling product, packages and mail, process incoming and outgoing deliveries, track packages and deliver packages on a route.
- 3+ years of mail facility or similar background experience.
- Must be comfortable driving box trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license and at least 25 years of age in compliance with fleet insurance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar, logistics tracking and database software (BearTracks and FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency every day. Remains engaged and bought in on the mission and goals of the department.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Effective organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Possess material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel and reach above shoulders.
- Must be a proactive teammate and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and curiosity.
- Resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
Unloads deliveries from carriers and vendors, sorts material in the warehouse, loads delivery trucks, and enters tracking information into BearTracks. Drives a delivery route and delivers mail and packages to various locations in the Santa Clara Valley. Stocks mailrooms with shipping supplies and tidies mailrooms. Maintains a clean and safe work area. Actively and effectively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. Works well under pressure in an ever-changing dynamic environment and maintains self-composure and integrity. Exercises good judgement. Able to work cross functionally and handle ambiguity. Remains open to performing in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles and learns new skills. Remains open and flexible to accommodate for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.