Manager of SRM Help and System Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish. We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead several key areas of Apple’s Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (SRM) department in Santa Clara Valley. In this role, you’ll have oversight of the SRM Help team (Customer Service), lead software system projects in collaboration with cross-functional partners and SRM power users, and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training materials. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple.
- 5 + years’ experience working in a fast-paced mail facility, customer service center, or similar logistics environment.
- 5 + years’ experience as a manager.
- 1 + year’s project management experience with software systems.
- You embrace and promote Apple’s values and policies while exemplifying Apple’s standards around integrity and ethics.
- You take ownership of your operation, provide leadership to inspire individual and team accountability, and set clear expectations and goals. You have a sense of urgency and drive for results by constantly following up and following through.
- You are an excellent communicator, influencing, and listening skills. You communicate openly and effectively while positively influencing the performance of the team.
- You work collaboratively across all levels and have a sense of curiosity.
- Recognize and celebrate achievements and growth. Coach and mentor the team on areas of development and quickly address any issues that arise. You are comfortable engaging in challenging conversations.
- Extensive knowledge of industry trends and are able to analyze what works in the Apple environment and bring new ideas and processes to the team. You apply your expertise to find better ways to do things.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Apple products including iPads, iPhones and MacBooks; scheduling or calendar software; logistics tracking software, expertise with BearTracks is preferred; database software, such as FileMaker Pro; Numbers or Excel; and Pages or Word.
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities: lift up to 30 pounds, push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
You obsess over the customer experience and partner with internal customers to understand service needs and develop solutions. You will provide leadership and coaching to the SRM Help team and articulate expectations for KPIs and best practices. You also provide follow-up documentation and training to ensure flawless delivery of services. Represent the business unit and take the lead on all SRM software system projects, including enhancements to key tools such as BearTracks, Apple Shipping, Secure Locker Software, CentralStation, and Dock Management System. This will include developing strong partnerships with IS&T, Global Export and Sanctions Compliance, other cross-functional partners, and users of these tools in other regions (outside SCV). You will also provide system training to partners in other regions, occasional travel may be required. Collaborate with departmental colleagues to create formal, written standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensure the team is fully trained when new SOPs are created. Analyze current SOPs and recommend improvements, if needed.Ensure processes are maintained and continually refined. Partner with the department head and other team leaders to develop a departmental training program. Establish and ensure adherence to schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Develop strong relationships by regularly engaging with your team, senior management, cross functional partners, and customers. Regularly update your manager on departmental activity and ensure you are aligned on the mission and goals for the team. Address incoming emails, phone calls, and texts in a timely, efficient manner. Ensure team members are doing the same. Maintain accurate departmental metrics. Complete other duties, as assigned. Remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Assist with after-hours requests, as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree preferred We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.