Transactional Counsel, Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an outstanding transactional attorney to support Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- A mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience
- Extensive knowledge of SVOD licensing, co-productions, and development
- Established, positive relationships within the entertainment industry
- Experience with new media distribution and interest in other emerging technologies
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Ability to work reciprocally on cross-functional teams
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at a time
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of television and movies. We are looking for someone like you that will draft and negotiate a large volume of new-media licensing, co-production and development agreements that are consistent with the company’s legal policies and practices. You will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator, drafter, and counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.