Connected Media Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, HomePod, Beats, and Mac. The Connected Media team (AirPlay/CarPlay) is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to lead software projects in this technology area. You will need strong system software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to develop ground-breaking products. This role includes working with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams. Facilitating communication between groups is critical.
- 5+ years experience leading complex, multi-functional software projects
- Self-motivated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Able to pickup new technology quickly and have solid technology fundamentals.
- Shown success in building relationships and influencing others.
- Attention to detail essential
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideal for a self-starter who is highly organized.
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product: mobile, media players, cloud services iOS and /or MacOS development experience.
- Experience in wireless data transmission technologies
- Experience with security/authentication and content security Experience leading partner relationships
You will work with our engineering and design teams to define new features and drive and track progress. You need be able to clearly communicate requirements and status at both the engineering and executive level. And enjoy challenging and innovative projects in a fast-paced environment. This job requires extraordinary communication skills to work cross functionally with other organizations within Apple and with 3rd parties. Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)