Signal Integrity / Power Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Display Engineering Team is looking for an experienced, creative, and self driven engineer to be part of the team working on the next generation of display technologies, prototyping, and validation.
- - 5+ years of hands-on experience in substrate design and SI/PI simulation
- - Experience in high volume production & familiar with substrate material & packaging technologies
- Experience working with the actual product package/board design and analysis, SI/PI methodology development, and lab correlation/validation of the simulation results
- Possess strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools, such as: Q3D, HFSS, SiWave, PowerSI, CST, etc
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic & transmission line theory.
- Good knowledge of high speed interfaces such as MIPI, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB and general high speed SerDes applications
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as: VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, etc
- Excellent documentation skills, test plan writing, presentations
- Excellent language skills, verbal and written
- Able to travel abroad
The ideal candidate will be able to model and analyze custom silicon substrate design and ensure the design & implementation is optimized with SI/PI requirements. Will drive new design characterization & validation to mass production and be responsible for working cross functionally to solve & enhance PI/SI issues that affect communication performance & EMI.
Education & Experience
Min: PhD EE or MS EE with 3+ years of experience in relevant work areas