Product Localization Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences. Bring exceptional collaborative skills, finite attention to detail, strong self-motivation and a passion for inspiring change to make a difference in a highly dynamic environment. You will lead a portfolio of product configurations localized for the Americas region. You will be responsible for ensuring that products are compliant to defined requirements and that they meet Apple's parameters for branding and packaging aesthetics. A leader who can quickly understand the complexity of issues and requirements, develop a business case and drive a plan to resolution. You will have an in-depth knowledge of our products, regional regulatory requirements and proficiency with the various tools and systems used to support the position objectives.
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship building skills to operate in a matrix structure (influence without authority)
- Proven experience in program and/or project management with very strong analytical problem solving skills
- Solid working knowledge of Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) systems. AGILE PLM would be a plus
- Self-motivated, driven and comfortable with high ambiguity along with the persistence to drive through it and inspire change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral to influence and lead globally Working knowledge of Latin American regulatory compliance for product safety and wireless technology
- Strong business process re-engineering skills with an acute attention to detail and continuous innovation
- Should be able to see beyond the current state and have an ability to work independently as well as leading global cross-function partnerships
- Experienced in risk assessment and developing holistic mitigation plans
- Exceptional hands-on execution of tactical transactional requirements under very tight timelines
- Prefer advanced Excel and DataBase development experience Experience in Adobe Illustrator or In Design would be a plus
- Business proficiency in Spanish language would be a plus
The Product Localization Manager is a flexible, articulate, self-managed problem solver who can multi-task under dynamic timelines to meet product launch objectives and deliver timely solutions for custom requirements across a broad range of capabilities and customized offerings. You will be responsible for leading a portfolio of localized product configuration Bills of Material for the Americas region and for driving cross-functional resources to meet deadlines to optimize regional sales throughput. They will craft document processes, troubleshoot issues and drive continuous process improvement activities across diverse geographical groups. They will collaborate with multiple groups including: Americas Engineering Compliance Managers, AMR Readiness, Corporate Compliance, WW Product Marketing, WW Product Configuration Mgmt., Hardware Legal, Region Legal, Engineering, Localization & Release Engineering, Channel Partners, Business Process Re-Engineering, IS&T, Supply Demand Planning, Sales Operations and Logistics to build and deliver solutions to evolving business opportunities.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree in a related field. MS degree preferred. 6-8 years in related experience.