Display SW Engineer, Display SW & Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices on all of Apple’s hardware.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of system level graphics and display infrastructure development experience, superior debugging skillset, a passion for solving complex problems.
- Experience working with operating system display infrastructure and debugging.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent knowledge of system architecture
The Display Software & Technologies team within GPU Software delivers the display abstraction and infrastructure software and support for Apple's macOS. We are looking for a top-notch, driven, dedicated software engineers to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a highly efficient problem solver with a passion for problem resolution, have a collaborative attitude and a track record for getting the job done. We are looking for innovators, who have a passion for groundbreaking technologies and driven to implement the best solutions. As a core member of the Display Software & Technologies team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of display software development (architecture, design, development, debug and deployment): • Own feature design, implementation, triage and delivery of display related technologies. • Partner with both internal teams and external teams on display software architecture and implementation. • Participate in driving internally and externally visible advances in the macOS display experience. • Development and triage of display technologies for new product development.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with system level 2D and 3D graphics
- In depth knowledge of: display stack, display drivers, video formats, power management strategies, backlight