Autonomous System Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Seeking a motivated test engineer experienced in planning, executing, and documenting tests to characterize performance and analyze issues on robotic systems. This person will be responsible for deployment of robotic systems, integration testing, test execution, failure analysis, process management, and data analysis.
- 3+ years experience working in a engineering testing role, experience with test operations of autonomous systems strongly preferred
- Previous success identifying procedural gaps in systems and functional test processes
- Work with cross-functional software, hardware, systems engineering teams to create, deploy, test, and debug features to systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with test operators, coordinators, engineering, and program management to ensure operations are successfully planned and executed
- Functional technical capability to remotely manage servers, gather and interpret logs, and analyze software and hardware failures
- Proficiency with unix-based operating systems, adept with CLI
- Hands-on experience defining test procedures and execution strategy
- Experience analyzing data using Python, Tableau, Matlab, or equivalents
- Self-motivated and curious; seeks to share knowledge others
- A valid US drivers license for 10 years prior to start date with a clear driving record
Operate custom automation equipment, performing regimented testing to qualify software and hardware against a set of planned capabilities. Deploy and manage software configurations to devices and test equipment. Implement improvements to process and technologies with user experience in mind. Manage multiple demanding deadlines. Work closely with coworkers and cross-functional teams to develop regimented test plans and regression test procedures to ensure data quality. Contribute to failure analysis efforts by performing initial triage of issues. Perform daily tasks with little to no guidance. Maintain awareness of scope and direction of whole team’s efforts, and provide feedback and direction to others based on your expertise. Champion safety, quality, teamwork, and enthusiasm for making great products. May require lifting items up to 50 pounds. Occasional domestic travel.
Education & Experience
B.S. in engineering or equivalent experience