Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love tackling challenges that build a positive impact? If so, then we want you. Apple’s Real Estate & Development organization is looking for a HVAC Supervisor who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the contracted maintenance and repair of the HVAC equipment for the 140+ buildings in the Santa Clara Valley.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical prints
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented
- Able to lift 50 LBS
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interface with employee customers, co-workers, building representatives and contractors Candidate will interact daily with a variety of HVAC vendors as well as self-performing some tasks Oversee Preventative maintenance programs covering HVAC service/repairs and PM’s Work as a team player with excellent customer skills Provide leadership by assigning work or working with outside contractors. Work independently and remotely with moderate to low supervision and will be responsible to assure that all work is performed in a timely and cost effective manner Work with multiple Commissioning Agents to insure tenant improvement projects are completed correctly
Education & Experience
Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent or 5+ years related experience as a maintenance technician or specialist field