Sr. Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Join us in the Health Data Science group at Apple, to help us drive forward the research that will shape upcoming products and further our understanding of human health. Our infrastructure team works closely with fellow engineers, data scientists, and a variety of cross-functional teams to build best-in-class data platforms for AI/ML that adhere to Apple’s highest principles of privacy and security. These platforms support various health research endeavors, including the studies found in the Apple Research app. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly, and making the kind of impact that changes people's lives. We are looking for a full-stack web developer to join our new and growing engineering team in Apple Health. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with strong work experience. This person will play a central role in the delivery of applications and services that empower users to improve their health.
- Sr. Software Engineer with 6+ years of experience
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, Swift, or similar
- Experience with distributed systems, cloud computing
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, learn new technologies, cut through ambiguity, and deliver results
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across departments
- iOS and macOS familiarity preferred
- A passion for the health industry and health products that make a positive difference in people's lives
As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for: Designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications, participating in architecture and code reviews, helping to prioritize features and bug fixes, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams at Apple, leading in the pursuit and delivery of the best possible product.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.