Product Counsel, Product Law Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love tackling big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for Apple products and businesses. At Apple, we are dedicated to making the best products on the planet. We have an opportunity for a talented lawyer to join our team of diverse, creative, and passionate people. As a member of the Products Law Group, you will work with Apple’s engineering, operations, and marketing teams to help create and introduce Apple products to the world.
- 3-5 years experience
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements
- Ability to distill complex legal concepts into practical legal guidance for non-lawyers
- Preferably, experience with products, consumer law, or product liability litigation, as well advising on intellectual property issues
- Ability to advise executive management, and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple wide-ranging matters, inquiries, and requests, supporting multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to see beyond the detailed question asked to the larger issues and future implications
The ideal candidate will be the primary contact for product teams, advising engineering, operations, and marketing on a wide variety of matters, including product and consumer laws, intellectual property, and supplier relationships. You’ll strategize, draft, and coordinate responses to agency inquiries while working with cross-functional teams around the world, and will draft and negotiate complex technology licenses, development agreements, manufacturing agreements, and other commercial agreements. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials, admission to the California bar (or the ability to become CA-Registered In-House Counsel).