Program Manager, Internal Communications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every day to create products and services that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms team is redefining the advertising model by developing highly effective, scalable advertising products that help content creators thrive while upholding Apple’s commitment to always respect user privacy. We help publishers and developers promote and monetize their work while also helping people around the world discover apps and media. Today, we are a global organization that powers ads in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. As our rapidly growing and globally-distributed team scales, we're looking for a highly motivated and polished Strategic Communications Specialist to inspire and connect employees with our vision and priorities. You'll develop and produce campaigns and narratives that impact employees at all levels, from All Hands meetings to executive presentations. You'll be, at various times, a writer, project manager, creative thinker, storyteller, and visual designer. Part marketer, part evangelist, you know the importance of communicating well, and understand that what you say is only as powerful as what your audience hears. If you’re collaborative, passionate, high-energy, organized, detail-oriented, and able to distill complex concepts into simple messages, you may be perfect for the role!
- Exceptional storytelling, written and oral presentation, and data visualization skills
- Creativity for developing narratives that change what people think, feel and do
- Experience developing clear, concise and compelling executive communications that support our business strategy and growth plans
- Listen with genuine curiosity and appreciation for context, so that communications are meaningful to each recipient
- Passion for excellence in execution, with a keen eye for quality in every detail
- Appreciation of Apple’s tone, voice and aesthetic, and ability to champion the brand at every touchpoint
- Expertise supporting a global organization with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences
- Enthusiasm for experimentation and continuous improvement, excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
Develop and execute against a strategic communications roadmap, including creating and publishing a wide variety of materials such as presentations, executive communications and interactive content. Transform business strategy and performance data into visually compelling stories; continuously innovative ways to build a shared context across employees and internal partners. Coach executives on message delivery across all mediums, preparing our senior leaders for presentations (town halls, team gatherings, etc.) to help ensure narratives are consistent and effective. Keep employees informed with consistent, timely communications that connect daily activities to business goals, priorities, and long-term vision. Establish and maintain two-way channels to ensure employees are heard and communications are relevant. Develop and manage communication for sensitive topics, such as acquisitions or organizational changes.
Education & Experience
BA in journalism, communications, business, or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- This position is located in Cupertino, and travel (domestic and international) may be required.