Data Commerce Engineer, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for an experienced, talented and self-motivated software engineer to lead several data architecture and technical compliance efforts across the commerce landscape. Join our exciting engineering team that has been leading the digital distribution industry by constantly developing innovative features to grow and expand the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and services such as Apple Music, TV+ and Arcade. We are looking for someone comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle and experienced with high performance data distributed systems. Do you thrive in a dynamic cross-functional environment and are you able to pivot with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies? Then you’ll love it here.
- 5+ years of experience in developing ETL jobs for analyzing and processing high-volume data in Apache Hadoop ecosystem using Spark and Kafka
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Scala/Java)
- Proficient at schema design, data modeling concepts and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to program in scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with workflow management tools: Azkaban, Oozie, Airflow etc.
- Experience using NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached
- Expert with streaming and batch data processing
- Ability to learn and research new technologies rapidly
- Passion for customer privacy and experience with applying data encryption and data security standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on cross-functional projects
- Experience developing large-scale backend storage systems
You will be an integral part of the team that is in a unique position to develop and build the commerce data platform. You will participate in the instrumentation and ingestion of events. You will collaborate with partners on data pipelines and datasets and ensure that data is handled in a privacy-safe manner. This platform allows downstream customers to utilize the unified data foundation to achieve consistency, quality, and efficiency. You will have experience to design and implement large scale commerce datasets and backend services. Those data systems will be utilized by many downstream teams for data analysis, metric reporting, data insights, model training and evaluation. You will implement data storage solutions that scale, enrich and surface data quality and pipeline metrics. In addition, you must be able to investigate and adopt new technology, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have a “can-do” attitude.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.