Legal Counsel, Marketing & Advertising - Internet Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Incredible opportunity to work in Apple’s Legal Marketing Group. This job will entail a wide variety of work supporting Apple’s marketing and advertising teams.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Experience with marketing and intellectual property law, right of publicity, and consumer protection issues.
- Confident independently drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including IP licenses, production releases, software and data licenses, vendor agreements, and complex marketing technology contracts.
- Experience with state, national and international privacy laws and regulations specifically how they relate to marketing efforts. CIPP certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility in advising a variety of client teams driven by a diverse set of business objectives.
- Comfort handling multiple projects on competing timelines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and analytical skills, coupled with the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Passion for building positive relationships with your clients and with the broader Apple Legal Group is a must.
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and ability to be a great team member.
We are looking for you to be one of the primary contacts for Apple’s marketing teams, working closely with a small group of attorneys to advise on Apple’s industry-leading marketing campaigns. Day to day, you will support Apple’s fast paced marketing teams, helping to bring to life Apple’s products and services. You will advise closely on creative assets, licenses, releases, right of publicity and intellectual property issues. Additional responsibilities include working cross-functionally to support Apple’s education and enterprise marketing groups. Successful candidates will embrace the challenge of solving complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and efficient ways, and will demonstrate an ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with both legal and business colleagues alike. This position is based in Sunnyvale, California.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar