AMR Transportation - Regional Supplier Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
AMR Logistics is seeking a talented phenomenal teammate to join our Outbound Transportation Team as a Regional Supplier Manager supporting the Reseller business unit. As a Regional Supplier Manager, you are responsible for maintaining relationships with Apple’s providers and ensuring premier delivery service at optimal cost. Additional deliverables in your role will include program management, capacity forecasting and supply chain optimization. To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about delivering a phenomenal customer experience to Apple’s customers.
- Proven project & program management skills and experience
- Possess strong analytical capabilities
- Experience in multiple transportation modes including parcel, LTL (less than truckload), and FTL (Full Truckload)
- Supplier management experience with knowledge around key transportation performance indicators
- Knowledge of emerging delivery trends in the industry and new transportation modes and service offerings
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Experience with transportation/logistics industry
- Ability to work in a team environment while also being able to lead key initiatives
- Proven ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives
- TMS Experience preferred
- Development and implementation of appropriate SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) in Americas transportation network in support of the various AMR business segments - Responsible for handling supplier SOW (Statement of Work) requirements and ensuring performance goals and key performance indicators are met. - Working and planning with supplier base on key events such as Peak season and New Product Introductions. - Development and implementation of transportation strategy in support of Americas Logistics region - Tactical management of critical delivery events to ensure cost optimal, on time delivery service. - Working with cross functional teams within the Americas Operations team to introduce, develop and implement new transportation programs while also providing key business management reporting on the Americas transportation network performance. - Management of weekly and monthly supplier related meetings including setting priorities and key actions. - Partnering with Finance team on identifying and implementing quantifiable cost savings.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS required with 5 years minimum experience in transportation/logistics industry Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.