Brand Director - WW Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Marcom is seeking an expert strategic leader to help drive future vision, planning, and execution of Apple communications. In this role, you will own the development of product specific marketing communications, and you will provide direction across Apple’s communications vehicles. You will join an established strategic and creative organization and work across the Marcom functional groups, which specialize in Design, Interactive, 3D, Visual Merchandising, Channel, Advertising, etc. You will be a primary partner with the Apple Product Marketing organizations, PR teams and other key partners, working to craft a strategic marketing plan that will help Apple transform the way people think.
- You have 10 to 15 years of experience working on global brands, and you have proven expertise in developing marketing strategy that encompasses a broad range of marketing and messaging vehicles.
- You can deliver marketing communication goals in your brand or area of expertise, and you are able to prioritize efforts based on business need.
- You have superlative written and verbal skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- You can balance working in a creatively driven organization with an analytical and focused approach to marketing, and you can support, understand, and improve the creative process.
- You preferably have a consumer product and creative or design background.
- You are ambitious and flexible with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are an enthusiastic leader who can motivate, inspire, and lead a team through ambiguous situations.
In Marcom, we value self-motivated, flexible individuals with strong social skills. In addition you will have a confirmed ability to enthusiastically establish rapport, credibility and influence, and get results throughout an organization at all levels and across departments in a highly matrixed organization. You will be an enthusiastic leader who can motivate in a team environment. You will demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We lead teams that partner closely with Product Marketing, executives, and internal Marcom partners to act as key points of contact and integration for strategic product positioning and integration of marketing plans for work associated with Apple products. We deliver new approaches to the planning, development, and execution of Apple’s communications in our given brand or area expertise, including working to develop process, structure and staffing, resources, and external support. We enthusiastically build rapport, credibility, and influence, and we get results throughout the organization at all levels and across departments in a highly matrixed organization. We use our strong creative point of view (POV) to act as advocates within the Marcom community in order to push work forward in all channels. We demonstrate creativity in problem solving, dynamic and unconventional thinking, and quick adaptation to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. You will lead and manage a Brand team, inspiring them to grow, develop, and create extraordinary work.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Advertising preferred.
- Your responsibilities will include some international travel. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.
- External agency management experience is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.