Siri Knowledge Full Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri Knowledge team is building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- A portfolio demonstrating a passion for building amazing user experiences
- Strong background in computer science
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements
* Help build tooling to enable the Siri Knowledge team to build a world class query understanding system including: * Building up intuitive interfaces to support machine learning developers in delivering the best results to Siri users * Profiling and optimizing the latency in a high QPS environment * Pushing the boundaries of what developers can do to improve Siri, making them more productive and agile, and shipping new features that delight the users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Desirable: experience with all aspects of a web stack:
- * Frontend Web UI design and engineering
- * React
- * SASS, LESS, or CSS
- * Bonus: Redux or other state management
- * Bonus: Experience with graphing libraries like D3
- * Backend & DB
- * Python or node.js. Knowledge of Django and Flask is a plus.
- * Experience with backend frameworks such as Django or Express
- * Postgres, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, or equivalent persistent store
- * Familiarity with database architecture, scalability and performance
- * Familiarity with CI systems and tools such as Jenkins, Docker and Heroku
- * Familiarity with data analysis tooling such as Kibana, Superset, Tableau