Siribase Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Knowledge Graph team is looking for outstanding engineers to build the next- generation of knowledge graph and data infrastructure at Apple to power features including Siri and Spotlight. If you are interested in building a world-class knowledge graph that powers Apple's amazing range of products, this is the place to be.
- Extensive systems programming experience in either Python or Java. Solid system development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Mac OS)
- Experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using the Apache software stack (e.g. Spark, HBase)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- You are proactive and able to quickly learn new domains
- You have good attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills; Able to work as part of a small, focused team and give your best effort
The Siri Knowledge Graph team is building groundbreaking technology in the areas of question answering, knowledge base construction and machine learning. We seek to be a "know-it-all" question answering system, capable of answering questions from hundreds of millions of users about nearly anything. The question answering system is backed by a knowledge graph that was automatically constructed from a vast number of data sources including natural language text, HTML tables, and many others. You will have exciting opportunities to working on rapidly building a more complete and accurate knowledge graph with impact across all of Apple. This knowledge graph also enables many other features across Apple besides the question answering feature at Siri. The problems we pursue include: -Information Extraction from natural language text and semi-structured data such as HTML tables - Data Integration (e.g., Entity Resolution and Knowledge Fusion) - Knowledge graph reasoning and inference - Named Entity Linking - Crowdsourcing Passionate about shipping products used by hundreds of millions of customers? Applying groundbreaking technologies to create services that just work? If so, this might just be the place for you. In a fast-paced, continuously-integrated environment, you'll design and implement robust, scalable systems capable of processing an ever-growing data set while keeping latency low and quality high. You'll work closely with knowledge extraction engineers to integrate new data, and with engineers from across Siri to deliver data for customer-facing services. Your responsibilities will also include developing tools and tests to ensure quality and help diagnose issues. Key to success will be the ability to deliver results, a passion for perfection, and a willingness to keep learning and improving oneself.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's or Doctoral degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- The following experience is nice to have, but not required:
- Knowledge Base Construction, Information Extraction, Data Integration, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Ontology