Data Center Supervisor - Mesa, AZ
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Data Center Facilities Team is looking for a Supervisor to provide focused, expert-level functional knowledge and hands-on support of critical environments and data center operations. This role functions as a technical resource as well as domain authority across functional areas and provides direct support and supervision to Data Center Facilites Technicians. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to organize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- 5 + years of supervisory experience in a dynamic data center or equivalent environment.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and supervising a non-exempt workforce.
- Ability to encourage, coach, train, and develop personnel to consistently provide extraordinary customer service and commit to results.
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to forge reciprocal relationships with multi-functional teams and vendors.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to your audience.
- Experience presenting technical information detailing specific projects or schedules.
- Able to adapt and flex schedule to align with business needs.
- Experience with Mac OS, iOS, and Desktop applications.
- Provides direct supervision to data center facilities technicians and support personnel. Communicates often and clearly to help set vision and goals for the team in a dynamic environment. - Supervises technical projects, ensuring completion and meeting requirements by delegating critical operational activities. - Function as expert level technical resource or SME across disciplines, operations, and services - Directs employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect employees. - Exercises sound judgment and figures out appropriate action, utilizing defined procedures and policies. - Provides management with performance reporting of tasks, technicians and support functions within all key activities. - Leads the development, implementation, and compliance of all established policies and procedures, for all support and operational activities. - Monitor, evaluate and provide updates for processes and procedures. - Coordinates with management to ensure proper staffing levels, budgets, tools, and materials are inline with needs and expectations. - Identifies team development and training needs. Ensures that all training is obtained. - Manages employee time off requests as well as time card responsibilities, including edits and approvals. - Identifies and attempts to resolve employee and operational issues, raising to management as needed. - Lead scheduling, resourcing and execution of projects/daily activities. - Act as SAM for designated spaces, as required. - Collaborate with onsite peers and SMEs, focusing on integration and improvement activities. - Demonstrate good social and professional communication
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience.
- - Flexible to work either day, swing or graveyard shift.
- - Ability to move to other shifts based on business need is required.