iPad HW Engineering Project Manager (HW EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The iPad EPM team is responsible for the technical management and support of iPad development projects within Apple’s HW division. In this highly collaborative role, you will oversee project management efforts between a variety of internal Apple engineering teams and external suppliers. The iPad Hardware EPM role is highly technical. This EPM will utilize a solid ME/EE/CE background to understand technical details of cross-functional issues and succintly communicate them to senior management.
- Strong technical background.
- 5+ years in consumer electronics and/or other product development
- Consistent track record of managing / design of products through the entire product life cycle from concept to production.
- Exceptional organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills and ability to inspire others.
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites.
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds.
The iPad EPM leads a cross-functional team of electrical, software, and mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid EE/CE/ME background to recognize, review, and communicate cross functional issues and risks. iPad EPMs facilitate project status update across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they drive day-today program activities and meetings to meet overall program objectives. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs need to have a deep understanding of the development and manufacturing processes, from part design to circuit board manufacturing to production line bring-up. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, confidently and enthusiastically to changes. Great interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. The EPM will be responsible for: Building and maintaining communications within the development team Handling cross-team organization, communication, and management Develop, maintain and drive project design development plan Scheduling effective meetings and documenting action items and progress Managing off-shore suppliers to clear build schedules Travel to support manufacturing builds up to 20% of the time Reporting and presenting project status and escalations to senior management
Education & Experience
BSEE / ME / CE or equivalent. MS desired.