Cloud Solutions Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are establishing a centralized team to enable 3rd party cloud access and adoption. You will partner with developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software solutions deployed on 3rd party cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP). As teams embrace 3rd party cloud, we need a solutions architect to guide them through their transition. You will draw on your past experience to offer them a recommenced approach. In the process you will also need to solve for nuances specific to each software application with a view to provide a common framework as much as possible. We need someone to take charge and become responsible to resolve outcomes and feel a personal stake in paving the way for the teams you engage.
- Experience architecting end to end cloud solutions for complex enterprise applications.
- Advanced experience with AWS. Experience of GCP and/or Azure is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS VPCs, Subnets, EC2s, routing.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, IoT, and Developer Tools.
- 7+ years industry expertise. Hands on programming skills for full stack services development (e.g. Java, Skala, NoSql DB’s, Zookeeper, Maven).
- Familiarity developing distributed services deployed on premise and cloud based platforms.
- Uses a quantitative approach (modeling, iterative prototyping, analysis, tools) to architect and develop robust secure high performance cloud services that meet demanding experience goals.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional architects and software development teams to define architecture.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to demonstrate best practices for AWS account setup, governance, and architecture.
- Configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
You will work in a small team of architects and specialists to design and guide existing or new enterprise applications leveraging 3rd party cloud services and new technologies. You will communicate with application teams and gather insights that you will utilize to develop technical roadmaps for cloud implementations on AWS. You will create and deploy distributed services and microsystems that address common problems across enterprise applications in the cloud. You will facilitate large data scale migrations.
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent, Advanced Degree preferred