Principal Cloud Architect / Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are building a centralized team to define 3rd party cloud strategy, tooling and adoption. Adoption will be facilitated through a common platform with supporting tools to accelerate the process while enforcing policies and defining guard rails.
- Seasoned engineer with minimum of 10+ years engineering experience with a strong track record of developing and delivering complex, distributed, enterprise class software.
- Engineering experience building distributed systems, infrastructure software or system-level software.
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Server, storage, network connectivity, security, management system-level software, cloud services, SaaS.
- Seasoned working with fellow senior engineers, product management, senior management, and other stakeholders to set vision and define technical roadmaps
- Ability to lead and mentor engineers globally, be a champion for creative technical trends. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as with business executives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures.
- Experience or conversant with public clouds - AWS (preferred), GCP and/or Azure
- Architecture design and development experience of software service platforms
You will partner with engineering managers, developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and ensure that the platform and associated tools being developed across the teams come together to form the optimal solution set. Our goal is to ensure a modular and scalable architecture that can quickly flex to address the changes across various cloud providers. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software services and cloud platforms. You will draw on your past experience to guide the architecture of our abstraction platform and the supporting tools associated with it. In the process you will also need to solve for nuances specific to each cloud provider, while abstracting applications from the complexities. You are an innovative, visionary, experienced and articulate software architect and developer, with a deep understanding of distributed systems and infrastructure software. You have a proven track record of delivering complex enterprise software, delivering the very best customer outcomes. You are an inspiring mentor and coach, conversant and passionate about emerging opportunities. You demonstrate excellence in collaboration and communication, a passion for problem solving and a proven track record for leading strong cross discipline teams to deliver high quality outcomes.
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent, Advanced Degree preferred