Social Media Manager, Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Retail Marketing team is looking for a passionate, hardworking and editorially focused social media manager who will serve as the beating heart of Retail Marketing’s Today at Apple social channel. Do you relish in the daily churn of a social channel that is focused on reflecting and championing the global community that our Today at Apple program serves? Are you dedicated and execution-minded? In this role, you will develop the voice of our Instagram handle, program the channel, own the editorial calendar, and be the hands-on expert with publishing and analytics tools to make strategic content recommendations, based on performance. Today at Apple is one of the ways we’re evolving our retail experience to inspire and educate our customers. We’re creating space in our stores where everyone is welcome to connect and take sessions that unlock the creative potential of our products. Today at Apple sessions serve the passions of coding, photo, video, art& design, music and health & fitness, and are available globally in every Apple Store. This role will help drive awareness and engagement with the Today at Apple brand in the digital realm.
- 3-5 years working social in a brand or media environment
- Track record crafting and maintaining a consistent social voice
- A background in journalism or interviewing useful
- A deep passion for creativity and creative pursuits in photo, video, art/design, coding and music necessary
- Strong analytical skills as well as experience working with social digital tools (including ListenFirst or equivalent, and Opal)
- Experience owning workflow and augmenting creative and publishing systems if needed
- Experience crafting and maintaining an editorial calendar and working cross functionally to evolve it
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with all levels of the organization, with engaging social skills.
- A background working with global teams a plus
- Working knowledge of video production, motion graphics and design desired.
Launching and executing the social voice on Today at Apple’s Instagram channel Writing compelling posts a conducting interviews with talent Executing a social media strategy that safeguards brand values and is accurate. You manage the workflow and publishing of content to the platform Planning and maintaining the editorial calendar and aligning cross-functionally across the Apple ecosystem to update and expand it Engaging in baseline community management, including daily social communication and sentiment analysis Making strategic recommendations based on performance to drive community engagement and audience growth You collaborate with our team on the creative ideation around effective formats that engage the community
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred