Admin Assistant, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) team is growing at a substantial rate! We are seeking an Admin Assistant to join our team and help us provide support to our fast-growing organization. You will be part of a cohesive, administrative environment, working as one team to meet the demanding needs of the AI/ML business. This position requires a tenacious self-starter who can anticipate the needs of our organization & take initiative to solve problems proactively. In addition to being organized and analytical, you have strong business judgment and interpersonal skills needed to interact with a variety of people across multiple job functions and levels. You must love what you do and have the desire to be a team player on an amazing team. The role will concentrate on providing support to our engineering team. This can include but is not limited to equipment ordering, snack supplies, and event planning.
- You will have 1-2 years of experience supporting a growing organization in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with calendar management and scheduling calls
- You are creative, thoughtful, take problems and dissect it for solutions, better yet, you can foresee it coming and are three steps ahead.
- You can work independently and manage frequent changing needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You enjoy problem-solving and anticipating change and act efficiently.
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with people at all levels is imperative.
- The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group is critical.
- Positive, dedicated, and approachable personality.
- Poised under pressure with the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Experience supporting larger teams is a plus.
- You have experience with a Mac, as well as with Keynote, Numbers, Pages, Excel, Word, and other productivity tools
Work closely with AI/ML Admin Team to execute on different projects that come up. You will exercise flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust and prioritize schedules based on frequent, last-minute changes. Organize domestic and international travel and submit expense reports. Attend staff meetings, take and send out meeting notes. Organize a variety of events with other admins (both business and social) throughout the year. Provide support for international teams members as needed. Maintain order and organization to the assigned office area including maintenance for printers, ordering and stocking office supplies, ordering and stocking drinks/snacks. Will work with facilities when needed to maintain a properly functioning office area. Will escort all vendors in and out, manage access requests for door access, and send emails to the area with important alerts and information. Support a team of engineers with daily requests/needs to keep the team running smoothly from an administrative perspective. Process purchase requests for goods and services required by teams within AI/ML. Provide backup support to other teams when needed. Work closely with a team of administrative assistants to support larger efforts for AI/ML. Work with the manager on other key initiatives that support the connection of the organization.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.