Software Engineer - Tech Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple is looking for an extraordinary lead software engineer to join our worldwide business development and strategy team. This is an opportunity to lead a fast-paced team that plays a key role in the overall success of our organization through technology enablement. You’ll play a critical part in driving our technology vision forward and ensuring that we execute across multiple initiatives.
- At least 8 years of experience, at least 2 of which are in a lead role
- Experience developing large scale distributed computing systems
- Deep experience with Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time
- Proven software engineering experience in design, test, and source code management
- You love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every undertaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for a talented lead software engineer that can guide multiple teams while delivering high quality and performant solutions in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will help design innovative architectures that sit at the intersection of large data sets, predictive analytics, and polyglot services. Your responsibilities will include: Lead a team of highly skilled engineers ensuring technical consistency and delivery Own the overall architecture and set technical direction of your team(s) Design and implement REST APIs and architect inter-service communication and data flows Perform research and development on new technologies while delivering proof of concepts Write high quality code and review the work of your peers while mentoring junior engineers Use software engineering standard methodologies (CI, unit testing, testing, etc)
Education & Experience
- BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent. - At Least 8 years of experience.