Software Products Counsel, App Products (technology transactions)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. We have a great opportunity for a technology attorney to join our Software Products Legal group, providing general legal support to a number of Apple software app teams. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting key Apple software products and initiatives.
- 4+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice, negotiating and drafting agreements
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Creative problem-solver who can drive, analyze and help resolve issues in innovative and practical ways
- Strong contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a variety of licensing and technology transactions
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who likes technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy helping others find solutions to big challenges and being their go-to attorney? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? In this role you will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple’s engineering, product marketing and operations teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple software apps, including feature/technology research and development, licensing, intellectual property, open source, data privacy and regulatory compliance. You will be structuring, drafting and negotiating license, development and other technology agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal matters. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple’s products and services. We are looking for someone like you to help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent from a top-tier law school, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.