Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Works directly with the Facilities Maintenance Manager to ensure all Apple facilities and all related equipment are maintained to highest standards. Close coordination with the Facilities Service Center and the Facilities Building Managers is necessary to ensure services do not impact business operations. Build and foster a culture of teamwork. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times. This position will frequently know confidential information about special events and must always be discrete and not disclose any details while still trying to plan services to support the event.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision
- Wide experience performing a variety of electrical, plumbing, food equipment and building repairs
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Detail oriented
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting and coordinating with vendors.
- Experience with a work order system a plus.
Candidate is responsible for scheduling and completing repair requests made through the Facilities work order system. Work includes but is not limited to: Plumbing repairs and maintenance to include clearing clogged lines, toilet and urinal replacement, locating and repairing leaks, flush valve repair and fixture replacements. General carpentry work. Minor electrical repairs. A basic understanding of electrical safety is a must. Door and door hardware repair and replacement including closer replacements, wood, glass and metal door repair and replacement and emergency board-ups. Restaurant equipment repair and maintenance. Espresso and coffee machine maintenance and repairs. Emergency and permanent repairs to mitigate trip, slip and fall hazards. Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful. Various types of flooring and ceiling repair. Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Education & Experience
College degree or technical training or equivalent work experience required. We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.