AMR Field Project Manager
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Develop and Manage CapEx & OpEx construction projects to completion within Apple Standards and Client's needs. Strong communications/written skills and financial tracking diligence required. Simultaneous management of numerous construction projects typical. Successfully performs in a multitasking environment with tight schedules and budgets.
- Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
- Experience collaborating and leading design professionals, project management firms, construction management firms, construction contractors, and other construction consulting services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently organize these diverse work efforts into a productive team
- Ability to handle multiple design and construction projects occurring concurrently
- Run a variety of project types and sizes under aggressive schedules and tight budgets.
- Experience with systems & ancillary furniture, space planning, and client move services.
- Experience with quality control/assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles to projects
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on multiple design and construction activities
- Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations; and experience with the full range of Federal, State and Local entitlement and building code approval processes for varying regions and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of all relevant construction-based, energy-related programs including LEED
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives. Working collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned. Identify disparity between "what is"and "what ought to be" regarding priorities for the team. Crafts and implements an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments. Develop the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints with the approved scope/quality. Build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding. Oversee the development/management of the project timeline. Assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement. In coordination with Contract Administration perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts. Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction. Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects. Provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution. Special consideration will be given to LEED AP certification and PMP certification. We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.