Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's worldwide corporate events team informs the world about the Company, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive our company. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in public relations strategy, journalism, buzz marketing and event production. We’re looking for trailblazing, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple. Apple’s Worldwide Events team is seeking a Master Electrician that will help build the systems that support our live events. Working closely world-class designers and partners, you will bring outstanding solutions and innovations to help shape and support our visual needs.
- Minimum 10 + years experience with theatrical dimming systems, large touring systems, ETC dimming and control systems.
- Experience with programming and maintaining Dollie and Lutron architecture lighting systems.
- CAD - Vectorworks proficient: Must have strong skills to navigate and draw concepts within a computer added design program.
- Lightwright: Must have strong skills to navigate and coordinate lighting circuitry and layouts within the Lightwright program.
- Paperwork: Ability to prioritize task and document progress, working with internal and external partners.
- Grand MA system certified technician / Programmer: Must be able to navigate, patch and run a Grand MA 2/3 system or above.
- Ability to run and service ETC systems.
- Crew chief: Ability to run lighting crews (Stagehands, board operators) in vast array of production needs.
- Have strong trouble shooting, collaboration and critical thinking skills.
- Remain flexible, and willing to work late nights, mornings and weekends as needed.
- Be proficient in Lighting, Audio, carpentry design solutions and maintain a collaborative sprit while operating under a heigh level of ambiguity.
- Be very flexible and versatile in a high level, high paced environment.
- Work with partners to access and coordinate labor needs for a given project.
- Work with partners to organize budget needs: research, budget and manage projects on a technical level.
- Ability and certification to service major lighting manufactures (e.g.ETC,GRAND MA,ROBI,ARYTON)
- ETCP certified Electrician (Entertainment certificate program).
Collaborate with lighting designers, partners and vendors to build a solid production for live events. Lead all aspects of facility power distribution from company switches and outside sources. Maintain and control all in-house lighting equipments and procedures. Maintain and control all stage and lighting power distribution services. Work with internal and external lighting partners to access all electrical needs for live events (Lighting system focused). Work with internal Apple Designer / Director to test and build procedures. Crew lead: handle labor sources with load in, show, and load out needs (stage lighting and power needs). Manage all company switch and power connections. Insure loads are balanced and working within a safe range per electrical specifications. Working with all departments and partners to achieve a safe working electrical environment. Maintain / Service all theatrical lighting cables, instruments and general inventory. Maintain house Lutron and Paradigm lighting control systems. Maintain all paperwork needs for internal lighting systems: Company switch and House lighting system. Maintain all annual maintenance requirements for all lighting systems working with internal partners. Maintain House lighting positions: Clean and maintain inventory and position integrity and appearance. Assist with rigging and hanging needs (lighting focused). Work with manufactures and equipment providers to build service, and source lighting needs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution with field experience.