iPhone System Modeling Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a real passion in both hardware and software. You will work on system-level modeling of iOS devices and help create a cutting-edge simulation platform to guide mission-critical design decisions. You will quantify the trade-offs between design changes in hardware, software or a hybrid approach. You will have the opportunity to influence the architectural roadmaps and high-level system specifications for future iOS devices. Hopefully you love working with other engineers as the role requires intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration efforts with various technology teams. We are looking for an engineer capable of handling challenges from “cradle to grave”. We love self-motivated teammates who are committed to continually innovating. If you bring passion and dedication you will discover tons of excitement building the next generation of Apple products with us.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid computer system architecture fundamentals
- Experience writing computer programs and scripts (such as python or perl)
- Solid computer programming fundamentals including consideration of standard methodologies in style and methodology as well as knowledge of programming abstractions such as data structures and object orientated programming
- Experience in system level modeling and analysis for data flows, performance, or power
- Experience with control systems design, simulation, and validation. Working knowledge of concepts such as PI control, feedback, stability analysis and tuning.
- NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone to coordinate, present and lead technical meetings with groups of engineers is a plus
- Adeptness at persuasion and negotiation around technical issues and design trade-offs is a plus
- Experience in designing and drafting system specifications for end to end embedded systems is a plus
- Knowledge in key system engineering architectural and implementation is a plus
- Familiarity with power and its impact on architecture, logic design and circuit design is a plus
- Power measurement and power sensing experience is a plus
- Matlab experience is a plus
- Familiarity with signal analysis, statistics, data analytics, and data visualization is a plus
- Work or equivalent experience in electrical engineering and/or electronic component engineering is a plus
- Understanding or ability to understand electrical engineering board schematics is a plus
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a high-level simulation framework for future iOS devices incorporating new power-saving technologies. Prototyping and conducting feasibility studies on new technologies. Power modeling of iOS devices and working with software and hardware engineers to refine system power policies. Use case power analysis. Driving future power-saving algorithms and techniques. Coordinating with multi-functional partners on a regular basis to drive initiatives around modeling and algorithm improvements.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS/PhD in CS/EE/CE or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate might have 5 or more years of relevant industry experience