Software Engineering Manager, Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineering manager who will play a central role in the delivery of scalable services for health software. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to manage a team tackling the unique challenges of the Healthcare industry, and to shape existing and upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- You have experience building, managing and leading a team of server side engineers
- Extensive development experience working with Java, Scala and/or Python
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST)
- Experience driving application architecture around stable and scalable server-side systems
- Experience with databases systems and data model design
- Experienced in actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams and internal partners
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in Healthcare space a plus
This will be your opportunity to be part of the team which wants to place the patient in control of their Health and disrupt the Healthcare industry. You will lead a team of software engineers who builds the backend services for our clinical health records platform. Responsibilities: • Advise and encourage best practices to deliver a quality platform • Define and grow a world class engineering team • Maintaining an intense focus on secure and polished software • Represent the team and its technology in technical and project meetings • Define product features, functional specs and development schedules In addition to using technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you must be comfortable with rapidly evolving requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Success depends on working with cross-functional teams and external partners. You will work closely with engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. You will be excited by the prospect of working collaboratively with other groups to deliver truly amazing services to our users. You take responsibility; you can demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; and you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- ▪. Familiarity with medical, health and fitness concepts is a plus
- ▪. Passion for digital health and fitness