Administrative Assistant, Hardware Technology
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love helping people and acting as a trusted resource to others? Do you enjoy building deep expertise as well as navigating new and different tasks every day? As an Administrative Assistant in Hardware Technology, you’ll serve as the center hub of our department, coordinating between Apple’s employees and the outside world. You’ll help keep people organized and focused across multiple dynamic environments. Your work will present ever-changing opportunities, from greeting and guiding Apple employees and visitors to coordinating a group’s day-to-day needs. More importantly, you’ll become a trusted source of support whom other Apple people know they can count on. Join Apple, and together, we can turn every single day into a chance to make something in our workplace better than it was yesterday. Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking products! This position supports the Hardware Technology team, a high energy, rapidly growing, dynamic engineering and management team at Apple. The Hardware Technology team is looking for a highly organized, independently motivated, resourceful individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Typically requires 2+ years working in a high-tech environment.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability maintain consistent attention to detail, be able to prioritize and independently manage their time in a fast paced atmosphere where there are often impromptu requests.
- Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills; have the ability to exercise tact, discretion and the initiative to efficiently meet the demands of all groups within the team.
- We are looking for a team player, with a friendly can-do attitude!
High volume purchasing for the group. Equipment inventory, office supply ordering and facilities coordination. Working closely with finance and other related teams to assure smoothly operating systems under tight time constraints to secure goods and contract services. Management and implementation of efficient administrative processes. Meal service during project crunch time. New hire coordination.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient use of the Macintosh OS
- Competency with all basic Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well independently