Audio Codec Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The IMG Audio Software team is looking for a highly motivated and talented research and development engineer to work on audio coding and related signal processing algorithms. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- 5+ years experience in audio software development
- Expertise in audio signal analysis, subjective/objective audio quality assessment and psycho- acoustic models.
- Expertise in exploiting characteristics of human auditory perception and digital signal processing schemes in developing algorithms for audio applications.
- Experience in developing bit rate efficient and scalable audio coding algorithms.
- Excellent software programming (C, C++, and scripting languages such as Python) and optimization skills
As part of the audio software team, you will develop and implement novel compression algorithms for enabling the next generation of Apple products. Developing cutting-edge software technologies with next-generation hardware,
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in CS or EE, Industry experience