Senior Software Engineer, iTunes Workflow Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You'll work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and are constantly opening up the boundaries. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional programming position
- Experience with building customer facing APIs that scale
- Experience with Java or Scala Programming Language
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience with search engines like SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra or HBase
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and server side technologies.
- Familiarity with Hadoop or Spark is a plus
- Knowledge of Machine Learning is a plus
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
- Love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
iTunes Workflow Engineering Team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to provide new applications and infrastructure in order to support its fast paced growth. We build complex applications, infrastructure, and datastore to scale the Apple Media Product lines. We are looking for a self starting, ambitious individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills. We look for great teammates who are able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, TV App, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. Our team has a strong sense of community - we hold each other and our apps to the highest standards, and maintain that through constructive code reviews, brainstorming sessions, and pair programming when appropriate. We also value personal relationships and take the time to get to know each other and our partners. Sound good? We'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BSCS, MSCS or equivalent work experience