Software Asset Management Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The IS&T Software Asset Management (SAM) team manages the end-to-end lifecycle of all infrastructure software for Apple’s Information Systems & Technology organization. A SAM Project Manager works cross-functionally to provide analysis, reporting, and support to the SAM Program Manager, IS&T Application Owners, IS&T Leadership, IT Finance, and Corporate Procurement.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in software asset management, license/contract management, software procurement, or related role.
- Understanding of key contract and licensing terms, e.g. ELAs, audit clauses, license metrics, etc.
- Basic knowledge of key finance terms, e.g. capex, opex, prepaid, etc; and/or experience managing budget for a large IT organization.
- Outstanding project management, leadership, planning, and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility in running shifting priorities and challenging demands, while balancing internal customer needs and team requirements.
- Ambitious, innovative thinker with strong problem solving, interpersonal, and team building skills; with an ability to work with diverse partners and influence/inspire change across functional and business boundaries.
- Highly collaborative and able to liaise effectively between business and technology teams, as well as with your peers and management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with concentration in software development preferred but not required.
As a SAM Project Manager, you are the primary point of contact for all software requests within IS&T, and serve as a subject matter expert on software entitlements for designated vendors. You will work closely with stakeholders to define, maintain, execute, and improve on core SAM processes. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE: Understanding software contracts and licensing details Ensuring timely execution of software purchases and renewals Creating and handling the annual software budget Monitoring software use and compliance Facilitating Executive Reviews with IS&T and Finance Leadership Maintaining accurate software data in the SAM database Providing software reporting and analysis Communicating and collaborating with Application Teams, Finance, and Procurement
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience