Hardware System Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a Hardware System Design and Integration Engineer, you will be part of a team of HW and FW engineers. You will be driving innovative system level partitioning from concept investigation, architecture and design thru successful product level implementation. You will be expected to analyze key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs. The role requires strong communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills. You will have the opportunity to work together with other engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in systems development and institutionalized processes. You will Regularly interact with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners. Other responsibilities include: • Work with cross and multi-functional engineers, engineering managers and architects on hardware and software-enabling technologies. • Build internal and external system specifications. • Keep current with cutting edge technology trends and vendor roadmaps. • Review, influence, and challenge system performance decisions with new ideas. • Define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power and other metrics. • Specify, negotiate, and document system power management and user level behaviors. • Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, and methods of system analysis. • Guide early system layout studies. • Partner closely with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design. • Assess and guide product system integration feasibility, feature and implementation trade-offs of early layout studies. • Utilize schematic and layout tools such as Cadence Concept & Allegro; develop new and novel methods of pre-route guidance. • Assess hi-speed interface needs. Predict and prepare for future product system integration and interconnect needs. • Periodically join hands-on prototype bring-up and debugging efforts as needed on a project-by-project basis. • You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California and participate in domestic and international travel.
- MSEE with 6+ years’ experience. PhD preferred.
- Candidate must have direct experience of consumer products system architecture and design.
- Candidate must possess deep knowledge of analog and digital electrical circuits including silicons.
- Candidate must have direct experience with communication methods.
- Must be able to use of analog and digital simulation tools (this can include PSpice, Simplis, MathCad, Matlab and excel mathematical analysis).
- Candidate shall be intimately familiar with DC-DC voltage regulator topologies, battery chargers, magnetic design, PCB layout and state-of the art techniques for integration and efficiency optimizations.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Must possess knowledge of high volume manufacturing technologies and production variance.
- Experience in EE schematics entry and layout is needed.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support is required, as is experience creating and influencing system specification documents.
- Must have experience with digital hardware design such as micro-controllers and digital interfaces (such as I2C, SPI, SPMI, MIPI, etc).
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation and integrity.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail will be necessary in this role.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important.
- Proven track record of working in fast paced innovative work environment.
- Your embedded programming experience and any scripting expertise (Perl, python, MATLAB, etc.) will prove valuable.
- Ideal candidate is with work experience of input devices, wearables and mobile computing industry.
- Engineering management experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to occasional overseas travel as needed.
Are you passionate about extraordinary engineering? Will you help us build the next generation of Apple products? Join us in this highly collaborative role, where you will help Apple build state of the art technologies for world-renowned Apple products. You will become an integral part of a team that champions engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. The Apple Input Devices team is seeking talented electrical engineer in the System team. This is a hardware engineering position that includes product definition, system architecture, design and execution. The successful candidate will demonstrate the core attributes expected in this role, and will have experience and expertise upon which to leverage.
Education & Experience
MSEE with at least 6+ year’s of experience. PhD preferred