Product Counsel - Product Service/Consumer Law
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love Apple products? Do you love solving problems? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment? Do you enjoy working on matters that touch customers all over the world? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. As a part of our Product Law Group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your expertise to rare and often unexplored areas of the law. We are looking for an attorney with 2+ years of experience, excellent business judgment and communication skills. As a member of the Products Law Group, you will work with the Service, Engineering, Operations and Marketing teams to help advise on Apple products, service, post-sale matters and related laws around the world.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably with general transactional or litigation experience; regulatory or consumer law experience a plus
- Ability to handle your own high-volume workload on day-to-day matters
- Ability to prioritize and juggle a wide range of matters supporting multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to distill complex legal concepts into practical guidance for non-lawyers
- Crisp and clear communication style
- Positive attitude and enjoys working with various cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to see beyond the precise question asked to larger issues and implications
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, varied and collaborative environment
You will be the legal contact for one or more teams, programs, or organizations, advising Apple’s service/customer support, engineering, operations, marketing and social media teams on a wide range of issues. You’ll become an expert in Apple’s global service strategies. You’ll draft, review, and manage product warranties and advise on service policies. You’ll help coordinate, strategize and draft responses to regulatory agency inquiries and investigations. You will review and provide guidance to Apple’s social media and marketing teams on consumer facing communications. You will play an important role in supporting our service organization in providing award winning technical support and product service to customers around the world who enjoy Apple products.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials, admission to the California bar (or the ability to become CA-Registered In-House Counsel).