App Store Managing Editor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love, and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team of writers, editors, and curators challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of innovative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our customers will want to come to every day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. You will help lead the expression of the App Store’s editorial voice, working closely with the Design, Engineering, Marketing and Product teams. You’re an experienced copy, ideas, or production editor, with deep knowledge about mobile technology and culture. You should be creative and results driven, with the leadership skills to work across partners, the communication skills to work cross-functionally with others, and have an extensive background driving user engagement across varied platforms. You’re a digital and media enthusiast, love keeping up with pop culture, and are excited about how technology shapes our future. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world.
- 8+ years editing creative content for traditional and online publications
- Proven success working with international peers to define programming strategies
- An ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders and other partners
- Experience identify emerging trends in communications esp video and social media
- Experience working with content management systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Resourceful and collaborative, with motivation to seek out solutions
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and mobile technology
Collaborate with designers, programmers, marketers, and product managers to create amazing user experiences. Work with partners to create editorial strategies, and consensus-in for key initiatives. Lead editorial projects for selected apps and games with a focus on voice, tone, style, and overall quality.