WiFi Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. As part of the WiFi software development team, we make decisions that influence the connectivity experience on products people use every single day, across the world. Are you a software development enthusiast? Are you passionate about internet-enabled devices and networking protocols? Do you want to learn more about WiFi and other wireless technologies? If your answer is yes, we may have the job for you.
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of data structures and their applications
- Experience developing software using C/C+, Objective-C, or Java
- Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking, QoS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of different LAN and WAN technologies
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11/WiFi Protocols.
- Experience developing software using embedded SDKs, frameworks and/or BSPs.
- Linux / Unix kernel networking stack knowledge and understanding of operating system fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of OO design principles and design patterns.
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets. e.g., GDB, shell scripting, packet tracing (tcpdump, wireshark)
As WiFi team member, you'll be responsible for designing, developing and optimizing WiFi networking subsystem software across Apple products including iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. You will also be working across software stacks (Frameworks and API, UI, OS services, and drivers) to maintain and productize features collaboratively with the hardware and software teams within all of Apple. You will be expected to own, drive and execute the full software development cycle - from the ideation, design, implementation, to testing and measuring the success of the feature you develop. We want you to make intelligent compromises between several contradictory factors such as ease of use, performance and efficiency.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters Degree is preferred.