Enterprise BI Platforms Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you like to be around people who love technology, and you like to be around technology that loves people? Apple offers a work environment unlike any other. There's the typical job. Punch in, push paper, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at Apple. Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel uncharted paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Global Business Intelligence organization is seeking an Enterprise BI Platforms Product Manager, with demonstrated product management skills to help lead the development of BI Platforms used by internal and external customers. We focus on deploying critical business intelligence solutions for all business areas via platforms built in-house or via third party products.
- Strong background in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence & Business Analytics.
- Expertise in Enterprise BI Platforms - landscape, features, deficiencies, security, scalability and performance.
- Experience building out enterprise software products on prem or in PaaS or SaaS models.
- Proven use of KPI’s to track adoption, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Experience employing Machine Learning in Tools and Frameworks.
- Ability to form user groups or business councils company wide to strategically guide and govern Enterprise BI platforms.
- Strong fearless leadership and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence, debate and collaborate are a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Ability in influence roadmaps with companies like SAP, Tableau & Thought Spot.
As an Enterprise BI Platforms Product Manager, you will work backwards from the customer to understand their analytics needs, perform user research, market analysis and product exploration. You will be the CEO of the product responsible for strategy to customer focussed features to extraordinary user experience. You will frequently work directly with your customers and partners to understand their needs from both a business and technical perspective. As a product leader, you will have the autonomy, ownership and responsibility to invent on behalf of the customers and to deliver to your customer’s fast-growing and changing needs. We build trust, credibility and influence others to get results and handle expectations across a large matrix organization comprising of Business Stakeholders and partners, GBI Leadership, Product & Tech Managers, Framework Teams & Performance Teams. This role requires critical thinking around team needs and interpersonal goals and is not a solely tactical role. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery of robust software, and are be able to prioritize and work on multiple highly transparent initiatives at the same time. Consistently monitor the health of a GBI Platforms and work with the GBI Operations and Production Support teams to resolve and improve. Responsible for product adherence to compliance standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent experience 5-10 years of product management experience
- 10+ years in Data Warehousing, Reporting and Analytics