Senior Software Engineer - Partner Solutions and Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Partner Solutions and Technology team as a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for delivering spectacular mission critical applications. Our team believes in fun, camaraderie, learning, and collaboration at work, and are looking for candidates that shares those values.
- Extensive development experience working on Java/Java EE, Spring and REST framework
- Strong experience in developing solutions using SQL, Oracle, No-SQL, Couchbase and Elastic Search
- Well versed with test driven development approach, and various Test and development frameworks
- A minimum of 7 years experience design, development and testing
- Experienced developing large scale and high volume multi-tiered web/mobile applications
- Experienced in driving application architecture and design with considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility
- Team-player with excellent communication and Presentation skills.
- Experienced in actively coaching and mentored team members in their careers
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management;
- Ability to work with vendors, cross functional teams, internal partners
This will be your opportunity to be part of the team that builds the Customer and Partner Facing Apps and is in-charge of defining the Next Gen Digital Consumer experience. Key responsibilities: - Will be responsible for the Architecture, design and development of highly available and scalable solutions that can scale to Apple and it’s Partners growing needs - Utilize his or her extensive experience with Spring, Java and REST frameworks to be able to come up with innovative solutions - Be responsible for promised deliveries on time with uncompromisable quality - Will put together the Architecture of system utilizing Big Data Sets and no-sql based solutions - Collaborate with Business, application owners, developers and Project Management team and cross functional teams to drive deliverables - Provide Mentoring to the development team on functionality and technology - Review technical designs and perform peer code reviews
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 10+ years software development experience or MS degree plus 7-8 years software development experience, or equivalent
- • Familiarity with Hadoop and Vertica is plus.
- • Strong analytic skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- • Experience working in a team environment, and demonstrated potential to lead a technical team.
- • Team lead experience is a plus