Instrumentation Design Engineer- Health Sensors
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Sensors Instrumentation Group is looking for engineers who will design test and calibration systems for our products. If you're the right person for this position, you'll have a strong understanding of low-voltage circuits and system design, and you will work closely with the validation and design groups in the new product introduction (NPI) phase to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- BS/MS in EE/BME/CS/Physics or related field
- Experience in consumer electronics design & manufacture
- Knowledge of EE fundamentals, circuit analysis, & circuit debug
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP or R
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel internationally, not exceeding 25% overall.
- Additional Requirements
- An academic background or work history in sensing/physiology is a plus.
- Software programming skills in MATLAB, Objective-C, C, or Python is a plus.
- Experience working with Apple products & OS X is a plus.
Specification, development and deployment of calibration and performance verification systems for use during Apple new product introduction (NPI) process and mass production. Specific responsibilities will be tuned to match the candidate’s technical background, but responsibilities may include: Reviewing specs and manufacturing plans for new Health features, to determine test and calibration requirements Participate in product and process FMEAs Specifying custom instrumentation systems for use on Apple’s products Working with our station design (EE, SW, & ME) teams to execute on these custom instrumentation requirements Validating these custom systems in-situ, at vendors and contract manufacturers during NPI builds Analyze system data to drive the next level of performance in both the instrumentation system and the product Perform failure mode root cause analysis and drive resolution, including debug tracking from system to component level
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CE/CS/Physics