Siri - Understanding QE - Senior Quality Engineer
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you passionate about innovation that matters? Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? We interact with various engineering teams to design testing strategy and drive the quality of Siri features. You will be part of the team who crafts the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Quality Engineering team at Apple.
- 10+ years of professional work experience in Development or Quality Engineering.
- 4+ years experience as a lead engineer.
- 2+ years developing test automation and frameworks (Java, Python, ObjC, Swift).
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to develop long term vision and execute strategies at scale.
- Expertise writing and executing detailed test plans and automation designs.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and flexibility to respond and react to a dynamic software environment.
- Experience with automation systems and system integration testing at scale.
- Knowledge of statistics based testing approaches.
- Expertise testing on mobile devices.
- Experience with root cause analysis of multi-tiered, client-server environments.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (example: Splunk).
- Experience with Databases (examples: SQL, NoSQL).
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work in a large multi-functional teams environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with iOS, macOS, shell scripting, and terminal.
- Experience with bug tracking systems and full product life cycle.
- Machine learning and neural networks experience a plus.
- Experience with audio and speech based products testing and development a plus.
We are seeking an expert quality engineer to lead Siri ML quality by working closely with engineers and data scientists, and developing extensive quality test systems at scale to ensure the highest quality models and engines releases for best customer experience. This position is responsible for features quality and release. Daily work involves understanding customer usage, being part of feature design development, creating test plans at scale, building automation tools, infrastructures and tests, executing test plans and reporting to stake holders. You are innovative, organized, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, with a keen attention to detail and able to work under tight deadlines. Work with peers inside and outside of the Siri team to ensure high quality releases.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in a technical field required