Games Business Development Manager, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Over the last 10 years, the App Store has brought gaming to new audiences across 155 countries and, today, iOS is the most popular gaming platform in the world. But we believe we’re just getting started. The App Store team is seeking a hardworking and results-oriented Games Business Development Manager who will be working closely with game developers to help them identify growth opportunities and maximize business success on the App Store.
- 5+ years of experience with deep knowledge of the mobile games ecosystem and a solid understanding of game monetization models, game development, and game publishing
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience across business development, partnership management, product management, marketing, or management consulting, ideally within the mobile games space
- Outstanding relationship management and interpersonal skills, with ability to foster strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrated ability to synthesize data and information and package those insights into persuasive, impactful reports and presentations
- Experience managing and growing strategic partnerships with companies
- Solid project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and adhere to tight deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Integrity, focus, passion for games
- A strong desire to learn and succeed
You will cultivate strong business relationships with key game developers and maintain a deep understanding of their product pipelines and business strategies to ensure the best content is made available for Apple’s platforms. You will utilize analytical and critical thinking to develop strategies and actionable solutions to help game developers improve performance, seize opportunities, and grow their business on the App Store. You will draw on your expertise in the gaming industry to identify new gaming trends, business opportunities, and high potential partners. You will work cross-functionally with internal partners: Apple’s Worldwide Developer Relations, Games Monetization, Analytics, and Operations teams.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related preferred