External Reporting Senior Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our customers and if you bring it to your job....there's no telling what we will accomplish. At Apple, share in a commitment to excellence by joining the Apple Finance organization and making a positive impact as part of one of the most influential technology companies in the industry. You will support Apple’s growth by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. We are seeking to fill a position to support our dynamic and fast-paced environment. Do you possess a high level of integrity, personal accountability, exhibit solid partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking? Our External Reporting Manager is responsible for the preparation and filing of external reports mandated by U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, and supports the external auditor’s quarterly reviews and annual audit process. You will work closely with the Technical Accounting team to assist in the interpretation, implementation and reporting of complex accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements. This position involves significant interaction with various individuals in the Company’s functional and geographic organizations around the world. This position will interface regularly with other key members of Senior Management. You must be a dedicated self-starter, have a fanatical attention to detail, possess strong analytical and financial reporting skills, have strong written communications skills, and be a capable manager who can work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you this is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional with the right background and skills to jump immediately into a critical role within Apple Finance.
- 8+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in Big Four with experience on large public clients/SEC reporting exposure.
- Strong financial reporting and technical accounting skills, including working knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- Detailed and results oriented, able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong managerial and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task while performing a variety of complex tasks
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments and motivate change
- Strong ability to influence people without direct authority
- Able to work with all levels of the organization, including staff through executives
- General knowledge of International GAAP and SAP is a plus
- Ownership of the preparation and filing of SEC periodic reports, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and ad hoc financial reporting - Implement and maintain procedures and controls to ensure the timely accumulation of information necessary for financial reporting functions - Monitor, research and interpret new U.S. GAAP pronouncements and SEC reporting requirements, and assess and document the impact on the Company’s financial statements and disclosures - Prepare and review of financial information in earnings releases and work closely with investor relations - Prepare external reporting white papers and memorandums - Lead, train and develop External Reporting team members - Collaborate with business partners to review financial reporting processes and identify/implement opportunities for continuous improvement - Work closely with external auditors and assist in the coordination of the annual audit and quarterly reviews - Assist with Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance in the financial reporting area - Participate in other accounting and finance special projects, as needed
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance CPA required